Thursday, May 5, 2011

URBAN RAFTING

Ive been watching the local creeks lately in the hope that some of them could be run in the right conditions.
I have raced down on numerous occasions after rain, to walk the sections I'd like to raft in case there are any problem areas that need avoiding. Urban rafting has a different set of dangers compared to normal river hazards and requires good knowledge of the sections you want to run.

I scoped a short section of one creek which included pipes with "Anti Human Spikes", bridges, concrete canals and various other interesting man made structures.

I watched the gauge rising during the day thanks to the NSWG water info site and gave Craig a call on the way home from work. I got the usual, "You want to do what ?...." spiel before getting the response I expected which was, "Lets go....I'm in!"

So off we went for some Wacky Packrafting fun. In my haste to run the creek, I left my helmet at home so the Go Pro had to be chest mounted. Thanks Craig for the Go Pro and Giggles.

Good times.


Untitled from Dibble on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment