Sunday, October 17, 2010

Colo bikerafting

Craig and I decided to do a Packrafting trip down the Colo river on the weekend which was an absolute blast. I took my new Denali Llama and Craig took the dual raft setup which consisted of a Sevylor Carravelle and Marine Scout 200.

We drove the car to the bridge over the Colo on the Putty road then rode our bikes 10k's up to the Upper Colo bridge and paddled back down. 

The wind was horrendous and we had a minute or two of Sago fall at the start of the paddle section. The river was flowing at around 3 k's an hour and with some paddle input we could do up to 5kph. It was fairly shallow in places but I only got out 3 times all day.

The river height gauge at upper Colo read 1.04 on the day so next trip I'm hoping for some rain upstream.
The pack raft is an incredible piece of gear and opens up a whole new world of adventure.
Good times!













No comments:

Post a Comment